For exactly one year and one month I was a Texan. I have real cowgirl boots to prove it, and a ridiculous pair of running shorts made to look like the Lone Star state flag! I also picked up a new vocabulary word - y'all. Josh can claim being a Texan for a few more months, having set-up our household in Houston in May 2010.
During our short stay in Houston, Josh discovered that while Hollywood and long running TV shows may romanticize the job of a G-man, working for the government was not for him. Counter terrorism was interesting work, but in the end Josh's entrepreneurial
While in Houston, I fell in love with 623 K-12 students and their families at St. Thomas' Episcopal School. I managed the school's Annual Fund campaign, donor relations and alumni association. Facebooking and making YouTube videos were just some of the creative things I did on a daily basis!
It was fun to relive the glory days of high school, cheering on athletes on the basketball court and track. St. Thomas' tradition of Scottish arts and Highland dancing were new for me, but I quickly learned to enjoy the sound of bagpipes and tenor drums in the courtyard during my work day.

No comments:
Post a Comment